The Courtyard & Residence Inn Washington Downtown/Convention Center is currently hiring for a Executive Meeting Manager.
The Executive Meeting Manager is responsible for discussing and coordinating all details of a conference/meeting with the client and communicates this information through respective hotel department heads after the sales contract has been signed. S/he also will ensure that any catering related goals and groups with their needs are coordinated.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily - basic knowledge of F&B operations, menus and upselling opportunities, able to conduct site visits as necessary and to make sales/catering related calls/visits to clients on behalf of the hotel.
• Communicate accurate information on in-house groups to help hotel associates service their needs most completely. Maintains daily contact with in-house groups.
• Anticipates (or reacts to) group problems and provides solutions.
• Maintains effective communication, with all necessary contacts, regarding group business, reports of conventions, copies of correspondence and memos.
• Work with Accounting & Front Office team to ensure that billing is accurate before it is sent to clients
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Courtyard and Residence Inn Washington Downtown/Convention Center is a brand new build in the heart of downtown Washington, DC set to open in September 2018. Located steps from the Walter E. Washington Convention Center and CityCenter DC the hotel is a combined 504 guest rooms and suites with over 10,000 square feet of meeting space. Meeting and event space includes a 4th floor terrace, rooftop terrace and three unique hospitality suites with unique and high end finishes to attract both the leisure and corporate traveler. The complex is a unique combination of the Courtyard and Residence Inn by Marriott brands that guests know and love, with upgraded features such as a rooftop fitness center and yoga area and an on-site full service restaurant and bar, as well as a custom guest room design package. As a part of the pre-opening sales team, the sales manager will be an integral part in helping to establish and grow their client base during an exciting time in the hotel’s pre-opening phase.
Education & Experience:
Must have a high school diploma or GED plus at least three (3) years of experience in hotel convention services, sales, or banquet management; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the above knowledge, skills and abilities. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Must have ability to effectively and efficiently utilize a variety of computer programs, i.e., Word, Excel, MICROS, property management system, timekeeping system, etc. Knowledge of CI/TY system is preferred, but not required.
* Must have a high level of attention to detail. * Strong organizational skills to facilitate the coordination of all departments in fulfilling the client's requests. * Must have strong communication skills and detail oriented.