The Part Time Banquet Steward reviews and understands the Banquet Event Order (BEO). He/she pulls the necessary banquet equipment and delivers to assigned room as stated on BEO. The Banquet Steward receives food items from kitchen, ensuring adequate amounts have been provided as stated in BEO. Sets up clearing stations for banquet functions and serves as support individual during guests service. He/she keeps Banquet back hall, linen rack and storage areas neat, clean and organized. The Banquet Steward clears trays, sorts neatly, and places dirty items in appropriate containers and removes to applicable department for cleaning.
Education & Experience:
1. Good understanding of the English language.
2. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
3. Compute basic arithmetic.
4. Ability to perform duties with attention to details, speed, accuracy and follow-through. Follow directions. Adapt to meet priority changes of work flow requirements. Operate designated machinery.
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training.
2. Previous experience as hotel/restaurant dishwasher or in janitorial/cleaning position is preferred.
3. Familiarity with proper sanitation regulations.
4. Knowledge of proper chemical handling.